Virtual Workshop Series For Small Business Owners
BOBKC periodically hosts virtual learning sessions to help new BOBKC businesses beyond the Accelerator.
BOBKC knows that every business owner needs to keep learning and expanding their knowledge as they grow. That’s why we offer BOBKC webinars, virtual learning opportunities that focus on one specific topic featuring a subject-matter expert who will guide the program and a BOBKC moderator who will facilitate the session and ensure that all your questions will be answered.
The program is free, but pre-registration is required. All sessions will be recorded, and the recordings will be available here.
Stay tuned for upcoming Virtual Workshops
If you’re interested in presenting a topic to our BOBKC community, please email email@example.com
Future Topic Include:
Making it in the food business
- Food businesses face many specific challenges and if you are in or thinking of starting a restaurant, a food truck, a bakery, caterer, or food product, you’ll want to learn from those who’ve come before you! BOBKC’s look on Making It In the Food Business features a panel of BOBKC food entrepreneurs sharing their successes and suggestions.
Are You Getting All You Can Out of Quickbooks?
- Lots of businesses have Quickbooks…but are you using it right? Get a “guided tour” of Quickbooks and how setting it up right from the start can make all the difference.
Non-Profit Start-up 101
- If you’ve ever considered starting a non-profit organization, you’ll want to check out this informative webinar where you’ll learn the pros and cons and understand what’s involved in getting up and running—including some creative alternative approaches.
How to use Linkedin to grow your small business
- If you aren’t using LinkedIn to make valuable connections for your small business—you are really missing out on the most important business-to-business social media platform out there. 185 million active users are on LinkedIn daily. Explore all the many ways to use LinkedIn to find new customers, employees, partners and build your professional network to move your business forward!
Email Marketing For Small Business
- Review why it’s vital for any business to be using email marketing as the #1 part of their marketing efforts. Email marketing returns $42 for every $1 spent and is a cost-effective way to market to an audience.
Why You Need a Brand
- Understand how consumers think and connect with a business and why everyone needs a strong, well-thought-out brand. Using real-world examples, you’ll learn a smart approach to making it work for you.
Make Better Decisions with Google Analytics
- Do you really understand who is visiting your website and what they do when they are there? How often do they come? How long do they spend there? When you learn how to gather and analyze the information available to you for free from Google Analytics, you can make your business boom.
Building Your Supply Chain
- It can be overwhelming to figure out the best way to get your products made! Join us for an online conversation how to navigate the journey from physical prototype to commercialization and impact at scale.
Building Your Sales Pipeline
- Without sales, you have no business. Learn the fundamental of creating a replicable, reliable sales pipeline…whether you sell goods or services, in person or online. Learn a simple three part approach that anyone can use to improve their sales.
Networking for Success
- Networking is a critical part of small business success. This BOBKC session features a review of some key fundamentals of networking and then a lively panel discussion featuring members who have been to use BOBKC and community connections to grow their businesses.
Scaling Your Business: How Can I Grow This Thing?
- Panel conversation about what it is like to grow your business and some of the many lessons they learned.
How Can I Make My Business More Equitable?
- How we small business owners grapple with equity and diversity issues and how we can work positively to make change happen.
What’s the right corporate entity for me?
- Learn about all the different types of corporate entities including benefit and B corps in this informative, easy-to-follow webinar
Funding Sources for Your Business
- If you are seeking funding for your business, you’ll want to start with BOBKC’s look on Funding Sources. A clear and pragmatic approach helps you think about the many ways you can get the capital you need and understanding the process of lending from the lender’s side.
Cyber Security: Required Knowledge for all Businesses
- When a small business doesn’t pay attention to the possibility of a cyber-attack it is kind of like leaving the front door of the shop unlocked. Learn some smart and simple practices to secure your business data and privacy to make sure you are as safe as possible from this very real threat.
There’s More to Marketing than Social Media
- It may seem like the only marketing you need to do for your small business is online—but that is simply not true! The trick is to understand your customers and how to reach them effectively. Listen to this lively discussion with a panel of experts.
Negotiation Skills for Small Businesses
- Developing your negotiation skills will ensure that you are always at the top of your game and maximizing your own success. This session will help you learn negotiation skills that can make a huge difference!
Pause, Close or Pivot Panel Discussion Getting
- Difficult times call for difficult decisions. This panel of BOBKC experts– will give you insight and advice on how to proceed—pause, close or pivot.
Certified as a Woman/Minority Owned Business
- Need to understand whether getting certified as a minority or woman-owned business makes sense for you? This informative webinar will give you a big picture view and guide you to resources to get certified for public and private contracts.
Getting Free Traffic to Your Website
- This is the clearest explanation you will ever get of how to get more traffic to your business website that you will ever encounter. Learn all the things to consider in a clear and actionable format.
Start Selling Online
- Overwhelmed by the idea of selling online for the first time? Learn what you need to succeed at eCommerce today.
Hiring Your First Employee
- One of the first big steps as your business grows is hiring your first employee. It can be daunting because there are so many rules and regulations. Get the lowdown on how to handle it all in this thorough expert webinar geared to first-time employers.